Indian Spices are famous for its rich flavors and strong aroma. These are the spices that make Indian food elite and a complete blend of perfect flavors. Being a multi-cultured country, there are spices of thousands of types with different twists and variations. Meat cooked in India is loved by everyone because it is made with lots and lots of different spices bringing a blast of flavors. There are different types of meat masala available and are made in India used to make different types of meat curry and dishes. We will see ingredients of some epic homemade masalas.
The meat masala made at home is easy and tasty and can be stored for a long time to use as and when needed. But the masala is mostly ground and made just before cooking in order to give the dish complete taste and aroma of the spices.
Homemade meat masala
Coriander Seeds - 2 Tablespoon
Red Chilly - 7 to 8
Cardamom Seeds - 3 to 4
Fennel Seeds - ½ Teaspoon
Black Pepper Seeds - 10 seeds
Cinnamon Sticks - 2-inch sticks
Cloves - 6 to 8
Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Heat a frying pan
- Place all the above ingredients in the pan except turmeric.
- Roast until crisp and golden brown
- Turn off the heat and add turmeric powder. Saute Well
- Place roasted chili in a food processor, make 2-3 rinse.
- Add other ingredients in the processor and blend them together.
- Grind and make a smooth paste
- Your homemade chicken masala is ready
Chicken Curry Masala
Coriander Seeds - 4 tablespoons
Black Cardamom - 4
Cloves - 12
Cinnamon Stick - 2 inch
Dried Lichen - 2 tablespoons
Poppy Seeds - 2 tablespoon
Bay Leaf - 6
Star Anise - 2
Mace - ½ tablespoon
Black peppercorns - 2 tablespoons
Turmeric root - ½ inch
Cumin seeds - 2 tablespoons
- Heat the pan and dry roast all the ingredients one by one in a pan
- In this quantity of ingredients, we will make 60 grams of meat masala
- Try to make masala for few usages only as masala stored for a long time loses its aroma.
- Roast until the spices begin to release a pleasant aroma
- Do not brown the spices
- Allow the spices to cool down completely, before grinding it.
- The space made goes best with meat but can also be used with vegetables like Cauliflower, Suran Tariwale, and Jackfruit curry.
This masala is basically from Uttar Pradesh and is used in many of their dishes. Every state in India has its own recipe for meat masala. From north to south every region has their own versions of meat masala. We chose the above recipes of masala since they were the easiest and the tastiest. We would suggest everyone try these spices at least once. We hope we provided with the recipes you will love and cherish eating them too. Stay healthy and eat healthily.