Chicken is one of the most favored and favorite foods in the non-vegetarian category. Especially in a diverse country like India, different states offer unique chicken taste. A tourist can enjoy the hot and spicy taste, medium spicy taste and more from a single land. Indian cooking delivers a beautiful combination of spices and herbs, and if you are a hard-core chicken lover, then there are numerous lip-smacking options for you to go order and prepare yourself. Chicken prepared in sizzling desi-flavors is like a dream come true for all non-vegetarian lovers. Irrespective different types of meat when it comes to cooking, chicken assures great health benefits for people of all ages.
What is Saoji Chicken?
Saoji Chicken is the most favorable and spicy dish from Nagpur. Saoji cuisine is a trend following in the popular Maharashtrian locations, especially in Nagpur. Saoji chicken holds a darkish color for curry which is more of semi-solid gravy, spicy & insanely yummy chicken. The spice levels in this chicken curry are pretty high as compared to the other types of chicken. The stuff when prepared burns you inside out, but it tastes best with the Jawar ki Roti or Bhakri.
How to cook delicious, lip-smacking Saoji Chicken yourself..??
Ingredients to be used:
Chicken Masala Materials:
- 1 table-spoon oil
- 1 table-spoon coriander seeds
- 1 table-spoon stone flower (black-stone flower)
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 green and 1 black cardamom
- 1 badal flower / javitri
- 1 star anise
- 2-3 cloves
- 3-4 black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 table-spoon poppy seeds
- 3-4 dried red chillies
- 2 table-spoons dried grated coconut
- 1 table-spoon jawar flour
- 1 table-spoon oil
- 2 medium-sized cut onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- Chopped ginger
- Finely sliced coriander leaves
For preparing Chicken:
- 250 grams Chikmeat Chicken Curry Pieces
- 4 table-spoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Hot water
- 1 table-spoon bedgi mirchi powder
The following procedure will help you prepare top class Saoji Chicken quickly and with memorable taste:
1) Keep a pan on low flame & add the garam masala except for cumin seeds, cook it on a slow flame for a couple of minutes.
2) Now add the fennel seeds, coriander seeds, shahi jeera, poppy seeds, red chilly, dry roast all materials till you enjoy some nice curry aroma.
3) Then add jawar ka atta, coconut powder and bake it for 1 minute. Here you can add jawar ka aata at the end so that it is not burnt and overcooked, spoiling the taste.
4) Let the combination cool down put this in a blender to make powder.
5) Now, heat oil in a pan or a kadai and add cumin seeds. Let this splutter.
6) Well, now add chopped onions along with salt and cook this till onions almost take the darkish brown color.
7) Now add the turmeric, ginger garlic paste and mix this. Further, add masala powder also for the chicken pieces.
8) Blend properly and add the chicken pieces to it. Combine this rightly and cook for 3-4 minute on medium-high heat over the gas.
9) You can now add water & blend well.
10) Cook this for approximately 20 minutes with the covered lid on medium-high heat until chicken is tenderly cooked.
11) For serving Saoji Chicken, decorate with some chopped coriander and present.
Being Nagpur’s exceptional cuisine, you can now enjoy preparing this anywhere with the above-mentioned recipe and give your friends the ‘wow’ taste. Additionally, there is also a special roti called as ‘Lambi-roti’ which tastes best with any type of cooked Chicken. It is basically prepared over a round based earthen pot and is very thin and long. So, visit us online, order your favorites and get your weekend planned.